Newark, NJ asked in Workers' Compensation for New Jersey

Q: i got injured at work placed on workmans cimp had back surgery placed on mmi still in a lot of pain sent for a second

opinion having more surgery doesn't workmans comp have to start payments again

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Should. I assume you have an attorney--you want to discuss that. If you dont have an attorney contact a member of the NJ Assn for Justice who handles comp-=-they give free consults. You may also have a social security disability claim as you may have been disabled for a year or more. However the handling of that and comp requires an attorney to merge the two to your maximum benefit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.