Dallas, TX asked in DUI / DWI for Oklahoma

Q: Got a dui in ks in 05. Moved to MO in 2012, doesnt show on my record. If i move to OK would the dui show on ok record?

Convicted in ks in 2005. Completed probation. Shows on KS record. Moved to MO, doesnt show on that record. If i moved to OK, would it show on an OK driving record check?. Asking due to my current job.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Josh Davis
Josh Davis
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Enid, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: The record will remain in Kansas and depending on what and where they check it may or may not show up. Your record doesn't vary state to state, sometimes employers just don't check everywhere.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.