Humble, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: what is the legal term for someone who had never been in trouble their whole life (60 years) except for a 2 month period

three arrests all misdemeanors back in 2009 sept - nov....never any before that or after that

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Robert Sterling Guest

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Forney, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: There isn't one. What happened in the two months?

Kiele Linroth Pace agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

Kiele Linroth Pace

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Legal term? I don't think there is one. I guess if the cases resulted in convictions the word "offender" would be technically accurate... but I don't think that's what you are getting at with this question.

If I had to choose a regular everyday English phrase I would guess "clean" as in, "he's been clean for 8 years." Of course that assumes the problem was related to substance abuse.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.