Arlington, TX asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Texas

Q: My husband was arrested in August for a dwi and at that time it was listed as a 2nd dwi misdemeanor. He was released th

The next day he was released on a pr bond due to not enough evidence. Now he has an appearance on March 23 and they have it as a 3rd or more dwi third degree felony. His last 2 dwi a were in 03 and 04. He has served a 2 yr and an 8 yr prison sentence for assault charges. Can they revoke the or bond? He went ant got a blow device on car and quit drinking married me and is working a great job and we have 5 daughters that need him. Is there anyway he could get off on probation? We're in Collin County in TX

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Saputo Jr.
Paul Saputo Jr.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: 1. It is possible that the judge can hold his bond insufficient, that is different from "revoking" his bond. 2. Under the law, a prison sentence for a DWI 3rd or more conviction may be probated, but there is a 10-day minimum jail stay required.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.