Las Vegas, NV asked in Criminal Law and Medical Malpractice for California

Q: My husband is in jail waiting to go to prison in cal. Has a torn hernia that he has been seen five times by medical cuz

Of the pain. It needs surgery and nobody will help him. He can hardly walk because of the pain. What can i do.

1 Lawyer Answer
Eric J Youngquist
Eric J Youngquist
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The proper way to help your husband is to be supportive through positive letters to the medical staff documenting the condition which places them on notice of the physical condition and need for immediate medical care as to his conditions. Since this is complex medical condition it is best to remain in contact with him through correspondence and keep his motivational level as high as possible under the conditions he is enduring such as physical and mental pain. One quick way to do so is photos of you both together along with family members writing to him in prison. A new mobile app is called "Flikshop" which is prison approved and is a great idea to accomplish this goal.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.