Q: TX quashing felony indictment. Errors. Of facts in the enhancement clause of indictment ,reindictment/or matter quashed

Manf/delay indictment enhancement for penalty increasee states convictions without dates or any other info one conviction stated is false...2nd conviction committed prior to the first conviction being final..not eligible to use for enhancement..if I file a motion to quash indictment for the error do they have an option to reindict..or because the indictment information to the grand jury was the charges in the indictment are quash and so is the case please advise should a habeas corpus be filed pretrialif prior to trial these errors are not mentioned are they then not preserved for appeal.. I'm trying to understand why atty only stating she does not want the prosecution to be aware of their error or they would have to prove everything in the indictment however am I right that it's not brought to the attention it could not be preserved for error on appeal and/or if it could ..the Appellate Court give mer we relief yet still uphold sentence on a conviction..not understanding strategy

1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Sterling Guest
Robert Sterling Guest
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Forney, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You need to hire a lawyer. Don't try to file your own writ or Motion to Quash. If you care about the outcome have an experienced professional help.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.