Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: Hello Justia, my question has to do with international travel with my kids.

I want to visit family in canada but my ex-husband is refusing to give me the signed permission slip to travel outside of the country with my kid. What are my options here?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gregory P. Farrar
Gregory P. Farrar
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Pensacola, FL

A: You could file a motion in the court which currently has jurisdiction over your children requesting a court order authorizing you to obtain passports for the purpose of custom your family.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.