Memphis, TN asked in Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Arkansas

Q: First appearance in fins court i tested positive.. and my children was removed by DHS is that illegal?

My daughter had fins filled on her for trudacy but there was no trudacy her teacher had quit and keep her doctors notes instead of turning them in. She will not make it to 10 grade. Because of this. But I lost custody of my children for the failing of one test.

1 Lawyer Answer
Stefan K. McBride
Stefan K. McBride
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Hope, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: Even if they've been removed, the DHS goal is almost certainly reunification with you. You'll just need to pass some drug tests.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.