Torrington, CT asked in Consumer Law and Real Estate Law for Connecticut

Q: My mortgage co offered me a mod trail I paid all those then they offered another mod but they say I haven't pd

I have proof I pd so I asked another attorney.and he said just sign the modification forms so now I have another 40 yrs on my mortgage that I've already pd for 12 yrs. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Max Lavit Rosenberg
Max Lavit Rosenberg
  • Stratford, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: You need to sit down and consult with an attorney who focuses on Modifications and Foreclosure Defense as soon as possible. It is possible you have a case against the mortgage company for not properly applying payment. We have handled cases similar to this before against some of the larger banks. Please feel free to contact me for more information if we can be of assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.