Las Vegas, NV asked in Bankruptcy for Nevada

Q: I filed for chapter 13 bankruptcy to save my car I got my car back,but I missed two court hearing dates my car was repos

a second time if I file again can I get my car back a second time I bougth the car in California but filed in nevada

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nels Hansen
Nels Hansen
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Round Rock, TX

A: You should be able to however you need to do everything right with your second filing. The creditor may object to releasing the car. If you did not hire an attorney for your first case, you should absolutely hire one for a second case. You will need to file a motion to extend the automatic stay. You will need to have proof of full coverage insurance on the car with the lender listed as the loss payee. You should not be surprised if the lender objects to releasing the car especially if you did not file schedules and a plan or make any plan payments in your first case. Contact a local bankruptcy attorney and schedule a consultation. You can search for an attorney using the Justia "Find a Lawyer" link at the top of this page.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.