Tacoma, WA asked in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death for Washington

Q: My sister is dead I believe that she was given poor care that resulted in that death. Her son was giving care for her.

He withheld stool softner from her so that he would not have to change her diapers, which he was paid quite well for. It resulted in a bloakage so bad that it killed her. He admited it tro ewo family members and m y sister touched on it to me can he be held liable?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Possibly but no one will take the case because on the DA's side he lacked criminal intent and on the civil, he doesn't carry malpractice insurance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.