Q: How long do you think my boyfriend would be looking at it he's being charged with statutory sexual assault?

He has previous charges of indecent exposure of a minor and is currently on probation.

1 Lawyer Answer
Mark McCulloch
Mark McCulloch
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Altamonte Springs, FL
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: This is a serious offense. Because I don't know all the details, it is very hard to say but based on the two pieces of information you have listed, a prior sex charge and being on probation, you would be wise to immediately find a qualified criminal defense attorney. There is no easy answer to the "how long" question because there are many factors that are considered. Best advice: get your boyfriend a good lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.