Platteville, CO asked in Workers' Compensation for Colorado

Q: Attempting to represent myself in a work comp denial case. Getting worried about not understanding the process.

Scared with all the attorneys notices I'm receiving.. I have questions but not finding the help I need without representation. I'm not suing just want employer to pay for repair. Or am I really suing?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
  • Fort Collins, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Workperson compensation claims can be complex. I understand that lawyers cost money, but listen to your inner voice. If you feel like you are in over your head contact a lawyer. Some lawyers work on a lower fee basis (contingent, lowers fees, and potentially fixed fee). The internet is good for answering basic questions, but no internet search can provide you with case-specific guidance. Call around, if you keep reasonable expectations on what you want in from a lawyer, you should be able to find someone who can help you without costing you massive amounts of money (by lawyer standards).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.