Asked in Family Law for Puerto Rico

Q: My ex doesn't want to send my daughter with me over summer vacation from FL. We signed an agreement. What can I do?

We signed an agreement when she decided to move from PR over to Florida at her lawyers office. The agreement established the pension I send her, it established my approval to move to Florida and my rights to have my daughter 1 month over summer vacation. She came during Christmas break as a surprise and allowed me to spend time with her for what I'm a very grateful. Now she says she doesn't have to send my daughter. At first my daughter, soon to be 7 in May, agreed to come now she says she won't because she is too little and that she won't come without her mother. I've tried talking to her mother and she just says she's not gonna send her and that if she comes herself to PR she is going to make me pay more pension and have me pay a private school she has our daughter in. She insists that shes not gonna allow me to have my daughter come even if I travel with her. She says I'm the one who should go visit her. I work and have another son I really wish to make memories with them together.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Naomi Jusino
Naomi Jusino
  • Ponce, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: For all you state, you have the right to enforce all you have settled with you daughter's mother.

You have right of visitation and spend time with her as the agreement signed. If she doesn't comply, you can require her through Court in Puerto Rico and a judge may order her to comply with the agreement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.