Gilbert, AZ asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Support for Arizona

Q: What to do next after filing and no response.

Originally we did mediation and came to an agreement. I filed divorce with children in December. He acknowledged it but Did not respond. We have completed the class and it's more than 60 days out. I'm confused which packet I'm supposed to do. We have already agreed to everything.

I do need to make a change to the child support.. I am starting another job and will be paying large sums for childcare, how do I do that?

1 Lawyer Answer
John R Gaertner Jr
John R Gaertner Jr
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: If you actually served your Husband with the initial pleadings, you can begin the default process if he did not respond within 20 days from when he was served. As for child support, if you had an agreement as to this issue and now circumstances have changed, you will need to modify child support. Given your fact scenario, this may be a bit complicated.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.