Clarkdale, GA asked in Business Law, Consumer Law, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Georgia

Q: Is my case worth going to court for or suing this company to get my money back?

I visited A Preferred Women's Health Center on November 18, 2016 to to get help with an unwanted/unwanted pregnancy. I made my payment to the facility before being seen by a doctor(their policy). They did some blood and urine test on me and later asked me to take have an ultrasound there, which I did. The ultra sound then came back that they could not fine a sign of pregnancy so they asked me to come back on December 9, 2016 for a recheck. The cashier told me that instead of them refunding me back the money I paid, I could leave it to them and I would not have to repay on my next visit, so I said okay and left. But i never returned because after I went home, I was having severe pains the rest of the week and went to the emergency. I was told I needed a surgery ASAP so I called APWHC three days after the surgery to let them know and ask for the refund of my money. I was told it would take six weeks to get my refund but till now, nothing from them and I have been calling to remind them.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: I'm hearing they did what was appropriate. You didn't say what the surgery was. If you think you may have a case contact an attorney that offers free consultations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.