Hillsborough, NC asked in Business Formation, Contracts, Copyright and Patents (Intellectual Property) for North Carolina

Q: i am an app developer and need representation. I know that certain companies are interested in my apps.

I have had people who have stolen apps without permission, who have then sold my apps (properties) without my permission. I need a lawyer to represent me as retaliate as well as when I contact big name tech companies concerning offers. I need representation to help me draft contracts as well as help me make a legal agreement. I cannot rely on blind trust because my programmer has previously tried to steal my properties and has gone to such extremes as to physically harm me so that he could steal said apps. What can I do? Can you help me? I just want to go about this the right way. I also need to know if i need an LLC or business license in order to sell these apps in this state and if so, I need help with this process as well. I need help as soon as possible as I am done developing the apps. I have all of the licensing for my apps.

1 Lawyer Answer
Will Blackton
Will Blackton
  • Intellectual Property Lawyer
  • Raleigh, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: There are several attorneys listed on the Justia directory who would be able to help you. You should look for North Carolina attorneys with experience with copyright law, business transactions (licensing agreement and business entity formation), and civil litigation. You should contact 2-3 attorneys to find one with whom you get along and trust.

I encourage you to learn more about my practice at www.BlacktonLaw.com and contact me if you'd like more information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.