Frisco, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: My boyfriend is back in jail for Misd A Fam/Violence. I dropped charges last year so this is the only charge. Probation?

He only does this when he is super drunk and I need him here to help me financially. We have a 20 year old daughter together and have been best friends for 22 years. I know I sound foolish but he is PERFECT when he is not out of his mind drunk.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Sterling Guest
Robert Sterling Guest
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Forney, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Is probation an option? Probably but that depends on many factors such as the facts of the case, boyfriend's criminal history, which court/county you are in etc. He needs a lawyer to help him.

You need to find options for women in an abusive relationship. If money is a reason you are staying with this guy, then maybe there are resources available that could help you leave until he gets help. Would you want your 20-year-old daughter with a guy who gets drunk and assaults her? Of course not. So don't model that for her.

Kiele Linroth Pace agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.