Minneapolis, MN asked in Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Minnesota

Q: Should I agree to quit claim time share instead of foreclosure? Mortgage is paid. Money owed (1800) is for dues.

Both my ex-wife and I are on papers sent by law firm. So both need to sign. However, since divorce we both have different last names than what is on paper work sent by law firm representing time share. Is this an issue? If we do quit claim are we still required to pay $1800.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Hales
Michael Hales
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Rexburg, ID

A: I imagine that you already have this wrapped up, but just in case I would usually recommend signing if you don't want to be owners anymore. You should not have to pay the $1800 unless it is stipulated in the cancellation agreement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.