Seattle, WA asked in Probate for Alaska

Q: Ancillary Probate Documents and timeline required

I have opened an ancillary probate in Alaska and am wondering what documents need to be filed and when. I have already filed my certified copy of Letters Testimentary from Idaho, the death certificate, and my Domiciliary Foreign Personal Representative Statement as well as the fees necesssry. The only thing I received back in the mail was a receipt for the fees and the Judicial Assignment Order. I didn't receive any Letters Testimentary or anything.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Alaska

A: In general you would have to lodge the order you want the judge to sign, as well as the letters of ancillary administration. In some places there is a court official appointed as probate administrator; you might want to call that person's office for clarification as to what else might be needed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.