Leander, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: what is the least expensive path to divorce my wife of 3 years? No kids together. House purchased prior to marriage

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Charles C Guidry
Mr. Charles C Guidry
  • Cypress, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: 1. The house purchased prior to marriage is your separate property, but the wife is entitled to one half of any improvements.

2. The lease expense method is to have an Agreed Divorce with (a) an equal division of assets as much as possible and (2) an agreed provision for primary conservatorship of the children.

3. You should not have any issues in reference to retirement benefits on the basis of your three years of marriage.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.