Montebello, CA asked in Workers' Compensation for California

Q: Fell of ladder at work and back been hurting managers just laugh

Work at shoe store and as a reaching for a pair of shoes I missed a two and fell 3 to 4 ft high since my neck and back been hurting I mention it to the managers and one just said it was gonna hurt if I fell and the other one just laugh about it what can I do my back been hurting bad

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Ali Shahrestani,
Ali Shahrestani,
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in California

A: Report the issue to the company's HR and file a workman's compensation claim. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website, I practice law in CA, NY, MA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Ruben Montoya
Ruben Montoya
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer

A: Inform your employer in writing and with a brief description of what occurred including the fact that you verbally reported injury and they failed to provide medical attention and/or DWC-1 documents to file a Workers Compensation claim. Fax, email, text. Once done go get an attorney asap because by the looks of it seems they will not be cooperating. Good Luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.