Needham Heights, MA asked in Juvenile Law for Massachusetts

Q: your at a house that burned down and the kid who owned it was there throwing a party, can you get in trouble if caught

Ok so i was at a party and the kid who owned the house was there but the house was burned down but he doesnt own it anymore the insurance does. I got caught by the police and they said i might get charged with breaking and entering. The kid who threw the party at his burned down house opened the door with his keys. So i was invited and can prove it but i did not do the breaking in. I did not have anything illegal on me and they did not take a breathalyzer so cant prove i was drinking. so can i get in trouble for this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ali Shahrestani,
Ali Shahrestani,
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: I hear no case for B&E if you were invited into the house by the owner, but if the boy didn't own the house, then that might qualify as B&E. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website, I practice law in CA, NY, MA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.