Butler, MO asked in Child Custody for Texas

Q: She is a single mom raising two kids she has had him since birth he is 4 months old the dad has never helped.

The baby's father does not help with nothing. He signed the birth certificate then denied being the father. The court ordered a DNA we are waiting on results. They go back to court next month. She can not afford a lawyer. How can I do the leg work myself. I'm pretty good at stuff like that.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Charles C Guidry
Mr. Charles C Guidry
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cypress, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Contact the attorney general office (AG) for free legal assistance. Once the results come out, the AG in the Administrative IV court will petition for primary conservatorship and child support. If you need an attorney contact the Houston Bar Association for a pro bono attorney. Many of the local Universities law school give free attorney's and legal advice. I suggest that you contact one.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.