Dayton, OH asked in Domestic Violence and Divorce for Ohio

Q: My ex was ordered to pay pay credit card bills he made in my name, he isn't making the payments. What can I do?

I have an affidavit from my ex saying the charges were all his and he is responsible for payment along with a divorce decree that says he has to pay the bills off. He will pay for a month or two them stop. Can I file contempt charges?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
R. Scott Patterson
R. Scott Patterson
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Zanesville, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Yes, as long as he was ordered in the decree to pay them and hold you harmless. This is general advice and having the divorce decree in front of me would allow me to be more specific.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.