Asked in Workers' Compensation for California

Q: I was sent to the insurance workers comp doctor I was hurt on April 6 it's now may 15 I'm on a 90 day investigation

Through workers comp the doctor told me I'm going to need non invasive surgery and I'll probably be out until October he I was told to apply for edd because I would get income faster because I really need the money my doctor signed the edd from application and said I was disabled and I was hurt during an injury at work he also noted how much frank blood was taking out of my knee 70cc s of Frank blood and how my patella might be dislocated and I have an undisplaced

fracture how is my case looking and how do these settlements usually end I'm really nervous I'm 22 years old I just felt as If I were getting taking advantage of and needed legal help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ruben Montoya
Ruben Montoya
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer

A: Apply for EDD. As to medical attention the employer is obligated to pay up to $10K while your claim is in delay. I highly recommend that if you do not have an attorney that you get one. Remember Work Comp attorney's work on a contingency fee which means you have no upfront cost and you pay them when your case settles with 15% of the settlement. Competent representation will get you a lot more than the 15% you are paying him. Good Luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.