Mount Prospect, IL asked in Immigration Law and Health Care Law for Illinois

Q: Is it possible for me to fix my mothers immigration status?I am now 21 and I was born in the United States.

My mother crossed the border illegally twice and was never detained nor does she have a bad record with the police. She has a son who has a arginase deficiency.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: More information is needed. Did anyone petitioner her by January 14, 1998? Was she physically present in December of 2000 and petitioned by April 30, 2001? Which dates did she enter without inspection? Does she want to consider other forms of immigration relief, such as cancellation of removal before an immigration court?

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney before there are more complications. Good luck.

The above is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.