Kingman, AZ asked in Adoption, Family Law and Child Custody for Arizona

Q: Never served for guardianship. Mom has it on my son now. What were the reasons.

I lived on and off with my mom and son and she wouldnt let him be around me much so it couldn't be abandament. Lied about having custody when I would try to take him alienation is abuse and against the law right?

She has my son believing my step dad is his father and calling him dad he even says my siblings are his sis and bro and my mom had him out of her belly is that parental substitution also

1 Lawyer Answer
Regina Irene Edwards
Regina Irene Edwards
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: You will need to get a copy of whatever paperwork exists regarding your child. No one can give you any advice until they know what is going on. You should obtain the paperwork, either from your mother, or from the courts, then consult with an attorney.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.