Simpsonville, SC asked in Workers' Compensation and Employment Discrimination for South Carolina

Q: I was injured on the job in December 2016, it is a shoulder injury. I went to the dr that day.

The Dr put me on work restrictions, since then i was wrote up twice and terminated yesterday May 28, 2017, while still on Dr's care. Is this enough for a case? I've never had a mri or xray only a steroid shot, ibuprofen, and physical therapy.

1 Lawyer Answer
Ilene Stacey King
Ilene Stacey King
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: You have a workers' compensation claim for your shoulder injury and it sounds like you are receiving authorized medical treatment. If you are still having problems after this long a time, an MRI might be in order and you might benefit from a referral to an orthopedic doctor. Because you have been terminated while at restricted duty status, you might be entitled to be paid weekly benefits. Once you reach maximum medical improvement, you may be entitled to be compensated if you have a permanent problem as a result of your injury. At this point, it would be worthwhile for you to consult with an experienced South Carolina workers' compensation attorney to discuss your options and whether you would benefit from having representation on your claim. Most of us who practice workers' compensation law provide free initial consultations.

I hope this helps.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.