Charlotte, NC asked in Immigration Law for North Carolina

Q: I live in North Carolina and wanted to know if my parents can become citizens of the US, if i am enlisted NationalGaurd

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Franchesco Donovan Fickey Martinez
Franchesco Donovan Fickey Martinez
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Hello Sir or Ma'am,

You would have to speak with an Immigration Attorney to fully assess your parent's options, whether immigration violations could cause some complications, and to determine whether there is a risk of deportation.

I do not know the status of your parents. If they are Lawful Permanent Residents, then "citizenship" may be possible. If they have "no lawful status," then they may be able to apply for "lawful permanent residence" (aka green card). Being a service member does provide another filing option for your parents. However, you should have a meeting with an Immigration Attorney regarding your parents' filing options.


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.