Middletown, OH asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation and Wrongful Death for Kentucky

Q: My brother was robbed an murdered an missing the man who killed him placed his body on his mom an dads farm.

I need to no if I can sue the mom an dad of a cival suit cause of them removing the bloodstained carpet were there son killed an shot my brother then made his body unidentifiable and removed all carpet in house an burned it an replaced it an then rented there house an I think they helped there son get rid of the body an Ky state police found blood in house an found my brother on there land in the trash . I need help he murdered my brother an robbed his home ?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: It's up to the DA to prosecute. You can sue, but unless these folks have money that won't get you anywhere. You can't do more that agitate peacefully.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.