Napa, CA asked in Workers' Compensation for California

Q: Any advice you can give would be grateful.

I filed a workers comp case because of the injury and that is still under review. I haven't received any work comp payment's or withdrawn from the SDI account. My question is this. There is a possibility that I may be offered another job with another employer involving different work. Not the same that caused my injury. Could I give my two weeks notice with my current employer and start with the new job while keeping the work comp case open? If I start another job involving different work. Will my work comp case be denied and future medical treatment stopped? I have the MRI scan and been seen by both my personal doctor and the work comp doctor. If I get the new job could the work comp insurance try to denying my case or say I am doing fraud. I live in California. Any advise would be grateful.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ruben Montoya
Ruben Montoya
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer

A: I would get a job description from your new job offer and provide to doctor to determine if you can perform duties based on your medical condition. If the doctor determines that based on your condition you can perform such duties without aggravating your injury you should be OK. I would strongly suggest you consult with a WC attorney. Good Luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.