Eugene, OR asked in Estate Planning, Family Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Real Estate Law for Oregon

Q: father passed away his wife became executor. I live out of state executor sends paperwork.. cont

sends paperwork for me to sign stating property appraised at $40.000 I look in county records find property valued at $80.000 collusion??? how do I address courts about this.what motion must I file to have executor removed and oldest son become executor?

1 Lawyer Answer
Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: It is not clear if you reside in Oregon, or if you reside elsewhere and this probate is taking place in Oregon. But just understand that county records that are for property tax purposes may not reflect the proper value of the real estate. I would try looking on a commercial website such as and see if the value on Zillow is closer to what the executor is telling you. Because it is impossible to ask questions and correctly advise you in this type of forum, I think the best thing for you to do is consult with an attorney that practices law in the jurisdiction where your father's estate is being administered.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.