Dallas, TX asked in DUI / DWI for Texas

Q: Can I get a felony DWI charge reduced to a misdemeanor after I've completed my terms an conditions.

I've been on probation an only have 18 months left but I'd like to get my felony DWI charge reduced for long term life reasons seeing how my first two Dwi's are already 10 years old as of now just not in 2013 when I got my 3rd

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Deborah Ann Bankhead
Deborah Ann Bankhead
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Unfortunately, no. As DWIs are currently only eligible for straight probation and your probation was the result of a guilty plea and finding of guilt, the case will remain as currently charged.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.