Huntington Beach, CA asked in Traffic Tickets for California

Q: Failure to appear for traffic ticket in santa Maria, Ca. Due to moving to orange county. Did not receive forwarded mail.

Ticket was sent to the FTB and my license was suspended. How do I resolve this issue? I have no income.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Kenneth Hallum
Kenneth Hallum
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Santa Barbara, CA

A: Are you sure your license was suspended, or was it a hold placed? Huge difference. In either case you need to contact the court. You may have to set a payment plan or request a community service in lieu of the fine. Then contact DMV to address the suspension (if you were truly suspended), or you may be able to get the matter on calendar which would lift a hold (if it was only a hold placed), and set the matter for court trial. The starting place is the court, and determining if a hold or suspension was placed on your license, then you can determine your next step.

1 user found this answer helpful

Ali Shahrestani,
Ali Shahrestani,
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in California

A: You can hire a lawyer to defend you against the FTA violation based on the defense you provide. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website, I practice law in CA, NY, MA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.