Lake City, FL asked in Family Law, Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: Will an injunction force a family member out of the home?

My mother has stage 3 lung cancer and my 31 year old sister has battered my mother. She resides in my mother's home. My mother wants to file an injunction against her, but is afraid that she will still be in the her home. So, my question is if the injunction is granted, would my sister have to leave my mother's home?

2 Lawyer Answers
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If a temporary injunction is granted then she will be ordered to leave the house.

Deborah Bianchi Tracht
Deborah Bianchi Tracht
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Lauderdale By The Sea, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Yes she would have to move out. You should call the police. Your sister is committing a felony.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.