Vacaville, CA asked in Traffic Tickets for California

Q: I got pulled over for being in carpool but the officer incorrectly wrote my last name and license number?

I got a ticket for being in the car pool lane by myself. I got a notice in the mail to pay the fine but I noticed that my last name is spelled incorrectly and my license number is incorrect. I also had no license plate number because I had just bought a new car. Can I ignore this ticket or is there still a way for them to track me?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kenneth Hallum
Kenneth Hallum
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Santa Barbara, CA

A: You may luck out, however keep a very watchful eye. Though your identifying information is not accurate, it would take little effort to correct, and the citation could be filed and attached to you with the court. You may consider using the court website to monitor if a citation case appears in your name, and if the option exists (most courts it does) also search under the actual citation number.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.