Fayetteville, AR asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for Arkansas

Q: Can a doctor be sued for personal injury, if it's well past the window for malpractice?

I had bypass in my groin that was done 3/01. Then I needed the replacement redone as it had worked for the expected time it was supposed to. 7/07 is when I went in because I had a blood clot in lower right leg. Dr. Did not replace it then , they did what they call a AFRO, basically it wasn't no deep so they broke it up. 4/08 hospitalized for 3 1/2 mos, had two devices put in place of the old unit, which they still made and no trouble. Both the other devices my body rejected them and they cut leg open trying to patch veins together. Finally got patch work done, 13 1/2 hours later died twice on table! I no longer had a leg, just a no movement dead extension. 7/8/08 they wanted to put me In Hospice? I said send me home, they did. In 11 weeks at home I experienced maggots and watching my leg rot to dead skin covering bone. After 3 pleas to remove it, it was amputated 4 days before my 45th Birthday. More things but this is good outline

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: No--the injury is from the malpractice, and the malpractice statute governs. Sorry! Suggest you contact a member of the Arkansas Assn for Justice--they give free consults. At least that way you know you asked around, and it is what it is, and however bad or wrong it was at this point you must give yourself permission to make the best of the time you have been given, enjoy what you can--nature, the sky, the creator--as not letting go just means every day your feelings add to the burdens of your amputation and challenges.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.