Pulaski, TN asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Tennessee

Q: I was injured at work and I have been doing physical therapy and two spinal shots. I am a little better but I know my

I know my lower back is never going to be what it was before getting hurt. I do not know how as it comes to the end of the workman's comp time to ask who or what to do about my loss without having an attorney. Will workman's comp automatically make a decision on my injury or do I need to bring it up to my case worker or ask my workman's comp doctor. I have no idea what I need to do and I am afraid if I do not get information about how to handle this I will be left with a back that can not preform anywhere near the way I could.

1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. James Charles Wright
Mr. James Charles Wright
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: In a worker's compensation case the employer provides/ pays for medical treatment related to the injury. During the time a person is off work the carrier also pays temporary total disability payments. If the employer returns someone to work they do no receive temporary disability payments after a return to work. If a Doctor assigns a disability a worker is entitled to permanent partial or permanent total disability for the injury. This is a multiplier based off of the average weekly wage. This can be a complicated process. You should probably at least talk to an attorney on a consulation basis to see if what you are being offered or told is fair. I am sorry for your injury and wish a full recovery.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.