Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: Will I need to hire an attorney to file a petition for Order of Non Disclosure?

Or can I fill out all required forms and send them to the court house county clerk myself if I meet all eligibility requirements?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anna Summersett
Anna Summersett
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can attempt to do this on your own, but is not advised. You really get one shot at this being correct so you want to make sure it is handled the right way the first time. There may be District Attorney approved workshops in your area that you could attend to become educated in the process before filing. To learn more about non-disclosures visit https://www.versustexas.com/expunctions-in-texas/expunctions-nondisclosures-texas/

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.