Chelsea, MA asked in Elder Law for Massachusetts

Q: Can a parent deed over their house to a disabled son upon entering a nursing home to avoid having to use that asset for

For her nursing home care

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lillian J. LaRosa
Lillian J. LaRosa
  • Woburn, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: To generalize, yes, but the adult child disability award documents should be reviewed as well as there being the issue of whether the parent has the competence to execute deeds and legal documents. If the parent is at the point of entering a nursing home. Also, there are many considerations the parent should be aware of . There are trusts that can be set up for he benefit of the adult disabled child and therefore, meet with an attorney who specializes in Medicaid planning and special needs/supplemental trusts.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.