Statesboro, GA asked in Criminal Law, Probate and Municipal Law for Georgia

Q: Can my misdemeanor probation officer refuse my comunity service hours from a federal non profit establishment?

He is saying i have to do them at the land feild and the land feild said they dont do comunity service anymore for court mandated hours. I told the officer this and he started being unruly with me. By law his jobis to find other options and establishment to accept service hours from so hes notdoing his job regardless even if the land feilds did which they do not offer comunity service work , I would be unable to work there as it is unsanitary and could cause my pregnate wife to become sick and lose our child.

1 Lawyer Answer
William C. Head
William C. Head pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sandy Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Your lawyer can take your probation issues back before the judge. He or she can resolve this, since the judge oversees the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.