Geneva, IL asked in Family Law for Illinois

Q: My ex and I have an Agreed Order for paying tuition at DePaul University.I am not allowed access to academic grades.

My ex will not consent to give me access to our sons online grades. DePaul University is on tri-mesters, (Fall, WInter, & Spring). Spring Semester his grade point average was 1.57, which I had to figure out using the DePaul website.My ex stated it was so late, waiting for documentation. Grades on posted on Campus Connect. Can I terminate this order. According to the law IMDMA Jan. 1,2016. (Section 213 (g)). My ex took me to court to help pay for college, thus the agreed order.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Angela Peters
Angela Peters
  • Arlington Heights, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Whether you can terminate the order certainly depends on why the order was entered into in the first place. It sounds odd to have such an order. Are you paying any of the expenses of the schooling?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.