Fort Worth, TX asked in Divorce for Texas

Q: I have been a Legal resident of Tarrant County, Texas since 1991. I left in 2005 and lived in the Philippines, married

there with there daughters under 18. Separated June13, 2017. Daughters and I arrived back in Tarrant County, June18, 2017. Do we qualify to file for Divorce?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Charles C Guidry
Mr. Charles C Guidry
  • Cypress, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: The statutory time is 90 days in the County for legal residency, but if you went to the Philippines on duty in the Military, the time away is considered temporary. As such you could immediately utilize the Court system.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.