Centralia, IL asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Family Law for Illinois

Q: I live in salem il and wanting to move out of state to indiana which is less then 2 hours away. Illinois taxes are going

Up and the state are in debt. He does pay child support through court but we never went for custody battle. Our daughter is 4 and 3 out of 4 years i was the only one paying bills and getting everything she needs. He never seen her but on holidays after i begged and begged him to spend time with her. Im stressed because i want to better not only mine but hers. If we did go to court is there any hope for me?

1 Lawyer Answer
Ray Choudhry
Ray Choudhry
  • Moline, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Depends on how much involvement he's had.

Money part doesn't count because court told him how much to pay.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.