Asked in Divorce for South Carolina

Q: What's the easiest route to take for a wife and husband who want a divorce without fighting for property, alimony, etc.?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Taylor Silver
Taylor Silver
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: An uncontested, no-fault divorce is generally most easily achieved after the parties have been separated one full year. I still recommend hiring an attorney to help with this process. Getting divorced in SC, among other requirements, entails filing and serving a complaint, giving testimony in Court, and other procedures that must be followed. Pro Se (self-represented) parties often have a hard time navigating the process successfully.

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to be legal advice and cannot be relied upon as such. This answer is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Taylor Silver always recommends speaking to an attorney face to face for all legal questions in order to get legal advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.