Lynnwood, WA asked in Personal Injury for Washington

Q: I was stalked and assaulted in Costco. How do I obtain video of the incident they may have.

Costco stated they may have video when I contacted them but they will not release it to me.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson
  • Port Orchard, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: The only way is probably to hire a lawyer who can issue a subpoena.

Or contact the local police department, the store will probably cooperate with a law enforcement request.

William Head
William Head

A: Either get police to get it, it hire an attorney, ASAP. Otherwise, these are not kept long. Recently tried to get on from Kroger, in GA. Taped over in 30 days.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.