College Park, MD asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Pennsylvania

Q: Need help on what to do and what steps to take?

I have a spouse that has been on probation for not that long now. Well one day she couldn't make it because she had her kids and had no ride, so she called her probation officer and left her message stating all this. Now that is the first time she ever missed or violated anything. Well she went to her probation officer the following week as scheduled and she had the cops take her and throw her in jail. She's been in jail for 2 weeks now and haven't had her first hearing or knows anything to why she's in there... She had a court hearing Wednesday August 16th but they rescheduled it and told her she has to wait 2-4 weeks for her next one. She really doesn't belong in there and I want to try everything I can to get her out. What steps do I take or do here?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
William C. Head
William C. Head pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sandy Springs, GA

A: This is a job for a local attorney, NOW. Get a public defender, if you cannot afford private counsel.

If you had an attorney before, she likely would not have gone to jail, unless she has had other violations.

Joseph Alexander Paletta
Joseph Alexander Paletta
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Please call and consult your local lawyer for the precise answer to your legal problem.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.