Sandy, UT asked in Child Custody, Civil Rights and Family Law for Utah

Q: If no custody order is in place can my ex keep my son from me . can I go get him with a police officer

1 Lawyer Answer
William C. Head
William C. Head PRO label
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sandy Springs, GA

A: This issue needs a local lawyer to assist you. Plus, reading this question, the first thing that comes to an attorney's mind is, "What did you OMIT from this question?"

The fact that she is "keeping" your son from you raises a red flag.

Have you legitimized the child?

Have you been arrested or convicted of crimes?

Who do you live with?

Where do you live, as in a safe place?

Are you addicted to alcohol or drugs?

Quit looking online for validation of your rights as a parent. That is a useless endeavor, in your situation. Call some child custody lawyers in the state where the child lives, and get information, including fees.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.