Arvada, CO asked in Workers' Compensation for Colorado

Q: I got hurt in 10/15 and my employer filed the claim in 2/17. The Adjustor denied my claim and I haven't got any pay?

I've had a work site evaluation, Therapy, EMG (need surgergy both hands), and IME. My claim has been denied, what is my next step?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
Tristan Kenyon Schultz
  • Fort Collins, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Contact an attorney that specializes in employment injuries. Assuming the employer was properly notified by you of the injury (usually 30 days), the employer improperly delayed in filing the claim (likely because the employer did not have disability insurance). You can always sue the employer in civil court, but you have additional options if the employer failed to file the claim in bad faith or incompetence. Only a lawyer you contract with can review the specifics of your situation and outline your options, hence the need to contact an attorney privately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.